Wednesday 5 September 2012

The day in the life

Yesterday was an interesting day. Not dissimilar to most days when I realise just how much I want to do, share, inform, create and evolve but more so the day in the life of a BIM enthusiast. I was confronted with the prospect of (a common problem) needing myself stretched across various different places and positions. The fact is I can't be in more than one place at one time. Or can I ? How could I begin to discuss ideas and create an open forum for research and development without having to be in two places at once. I dream of the day I can sit in an office in Rome while working intimately with someone in Melbourne. I think the gap between how we work and how we want to work is become narrower and narrower and in my mind we are now able to understand what it is we are actually trying to achieve. How or why do we want to change the way we work. Should we change it? Hell Yes! I think common practice to accept the status quo without questioning it should be thrown out the window. What better place to make commentary on issues and ideas we are passionate about but our digital media devices. As a borderline Gen X/Yer I see the strong cultural benefits of doing this and am not scared about what it means or how  we utilize the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment