Saturday 4 February 2017

To be a Fellow...

On Friday I gained my FCIOB.  

 

FCIOB is the highest grade of membership with the Chartered institute of building (CIOB).

 

The CIOB headquarters are based out of the UK but they have members all over the world. They are the worlds largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership and have a far reach globally.

 

It made me think about what it means to be a fellow.

 

A few things that I discovered regarding why it was important for myself and my business to gain Fellowship were the following:  

 

  1. Recognition of Achievement.
  2. Demonstration of Leadership.
  3. Improving Profile.
  4. Relationship with CIOB.

 

As a member, I feel passionate that the title will promote my desire to change the industry. To change how we work, design, construct and ultimately manage built assets. The accreditation was not one for me, but for my ability to be able to support this change. I feel that with this I can continue to support and grow my passion of a diverse workforce, one which does not discriminate and one which supports working in more collaborative ways.

 

Personally, this is an incredible achievement and one I want to share with my family and friends – not for accolade, but purely to support me in changing the way we work and ultimately grow an industry that benefits from technologies, new ways of working and an open and collaborative culture.

 

For me this means that I can continue to help to drive change throughout the AEC sector and to encourage young women to believe they can do and be whatever they please.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment